It is the end of the day and we are trying to do the right thing. Six people doing their best in a large shared office… WORK is a symbolic exploration of the rules of the contemporary culture of working, attempting to answer the following questions;
If so much work now is just about organising other people to actually do it, is real work always done elsewhere by other people?.
If your work is only about organisation rather then production, how do you know when it is finished?
How can people who are given no responsibility actually make decisions and is it possible to do something good inside something that is ultimately broken?
A choreographic office world peopled by six performers. As we try to decode the invisible rules, the telephones don’t stop ringing and the paperwork just keeps piling up. As interdepartmental problems emerge, conflicts of responsibilty start to take hold.
- Performers : Mark Etchells, Nele Jahnke, Christophe Jaquet, Nora Vonder Mühll, Viviane Pavillon, & Marius Schaffter
- Concept/ Directed by: Phil Hayes
- Musik/ Songs: Phil Hayes, David Langhard
- Dramaturg: Julia Hintermüller
- Costume/ Stage: Nic Tillein
- Video: Susanne Hofer/flimmern
- Lighting: Tina Bleuler/ Electricgold
- Sound: Susanne Affolter
- Stage Construction: Kurt Brun/ Werkstatt Gessnerallee
- Photography/ Graphic Design: Adrian Elsener, eisbüro
- Performance Photographs: Niklaus Spoerri
- Diffusion: Lise Leclerc / Tutu Production
- Production Assistant : Chahida Rezgueni
- Coordination: Katharina Balzer
- Production: Lukas Piccolin
A First Cut Productions coproduction with Gessnerallee Zurich, Kaserne Basel, Theatre de Vidy Lausanne & Südpol Luzern
Stadt Zürich Kultur, Fachstelle Kultur Kanton Zürich, Pro Helvetia Schweizer Kulturstiftung, Ernst Göhner Stiftung